Troy, MI 48083
Contact: Sharon Blumeno
Phone: (248) 457-3200 or (800) 427-5100
Automation Alley’s Social Mission
Automation Alley, Michigan’s largest technology business association, drives growth in Southeast Michigan’s economy.
Automation Alley is a non-profit organization that drives growth and economic development through a collaborative culture that focuses on workforce and business development initiatives. Automation Alley attracts the creators and consumers of diverse technologies from a variety of industries around the world.
The Automation Alley region encompasses the City of Detroit and counties of Genesee, Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, St. Clair, Washtenaw, and Wayne.
Automation Alley’s Description
Since its founding in 1999, Automation Alley has expanded to include more than 1,000 businesses, educational institutions and government entities from the City of Detroit and the surrounding eight county region. Automation Alley promotes regional prosperity through entrepreneurial and exporting assistance, workforce development and technology acceleration.
Cheryl Buscemi is the manager of member relations at Automation Alley, where she works to engage members while increasing their return on investment. Additionally, she oversees the execution of the organization’s signature events, elevating the profile of Automation Alley through high-impact corporate events that draw hundreds of attendees regionally. With extensive experience in video production and live event planning, Buscemi brings valuable insight to the technology-driven membership of Automation Alley.
Prior to joining the staff of Automation Alley, Buscemi founded and managed My Media Resource, a corporate video and live events company based in Troy. The company boasts a strong portfolio of corporate clients, including MGM Grand, Nissan, Honda and DTE, among others.
Buscemi serves on the Board for the Intelligent Transportation Society of Michigan (a state chapter of ITS America), which is responsible for planning the 21st World Congress on Intelligent Transportation Systems event in 2014. The event is scheduled to be held in Detroit, where Buscemi works closely with companies, economic developers and local government officials to grow the technology economy of Southeast Michigan. She has served on the Board for the Oakland County Employment Diversity Council since 2001 and is a graduate of the Leadership Oakland program.
As an adjunct faculty member at Baker College, Buscemi also teaches professional career strategies to students preparing to enter the workforce. She has a long history of volunteering for a variety of organizations, including HAVEN, the Rochester Hills Little League softball program, and Avondale Schools.
Buscemi earned a Bachelor of Arts in psychology from Oakland University and is a descendant of Cherokee Chieftainess Nanye-hi.
X-OLOGY Magazine is an Automation Alley publication and is published in partnership with RDE Enterprises Inc. X-OLOGY articles can be viewed at GreeningDetroit.com/News
Are you looking to promote your business to the technology industry in Southeast Michigan?
X-OLOGY magazine provides a unique hybrid of technology information and high-end lifestyle content for an educated, visionary audience. The quarterly publication takes an in-depth look at the people, companies, technologies and ideas that are transforming Southeast Michigan. The engaging format balances thought-provoking articles and striking photography that resonates with its tech-savvy readers.
The magazine is distributed to all Automation Alley contacts free of charge, as well as to local colleges and universities, in economic development offices and bookstores. X-OLOGY is distributed to nearly 4,000 Automation Alley contacts, at various events across the state, in the Michigan Economic Development Corporation office, the Detroit Science Center, Metro Airport and Bishop International Airport.
For general advertising information, contact R. David Eick at 248-231-8067 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News…
- Automation Alley Trade Mission to Hannover Messe
- ENERGY SCIENCES EXHIBITS AT GREAT LAKES WOMEN’S BUSINESS COUNCIL GREAT LAKES WBC17 CONFERENCE
- STATE AND LOCAL INCENTIVES APPROVED; AMAZON WILL INVEST $40 MILLION TO BUILD A NEW LOGISTICS HUB IN SHELBY TWP
- WALSH COLLEGE ELECTS DEE DEE MCKINNEY ODOM AND JOHN FALCON TO FOUNDATION BOARD
- Join Automation Alley at AmCon!
- LTU EVENT TO SHOW HOW AUGMENTED REALITY, VIRTUAL REALITY AND IMMERSIVE REALITY AFFECT BUSINESS
- Automation Alley News @ 8
- Automation Alley Hosts Member Appreciation Lunch August 10th – There’s Still Time to Become a Member!
- LTU HOSTS GRADUATE, TRANSFER STUDENT OPEN HOUSE JULY 13
- Leaders Connect Detroit Breakfast April 28 at TechTown
- WALSH COLLEGE INVITES AREA EMPLOYERS TO ‘INTERNSHIP CONNECTION’ ON FEB. 8
- Walsh College to Host Strunk Accounting Fundamentals
- Q-and-A with Automation Alley’s new COO: Pavan Muzumdar
- Oakland University To Honor Alumni At Annual Awards Banquet
- Elevate Now 2016 Event Successfully Fills Room And Entrepreneurial Minds
- HELPING BUSINESSES GROW THROUGH EXPORTING WILL BE THE FOCUS OF THE GLOBAL BUSINESS CLUB’S MARCH PROGRAM
- Walsh College to Hold Seventh Annual Human Resources Summit
- Manufacturing in America Returns to Detroit March 23-24, 2016
- Nominations are Now Being Accepted for the 2016 Altair Enlighten Award
- Automation Alley trade mission to Dubai Airshow generating business for six Michigan companies