Buy Michigan Now has announced the schedule of events for the 3rd Annual Buy Michigan Now Festival being held in Downtown Northville the weekend of August 5-7. The family-friendly Buy Michigan Now Festival line-up will showcase various Michigan entertainers, businesses, products, and educational opportunities.
Highlights for the event schedule include:
- The Main stage (located in Town Square/Main Street) filled with music from local artists, throughout the weekend, including Saturday night headliners, The Howling Diablos
- The Wing Street Stage (west end of Main Street/near Wing Street) which features acoustic performances, demonstrations, and presenters
- The Kids Zone (located in Church Square/Center Street) which will showcase a variety of entertainment, including magic, music, mascots and more throughout the weekend
- 2nd Annual “We’re Cookin’ in Michigan” Recipe Contest Finals presented by festival sponsor, Hiller’s Markets and held at Epiphany Kitchens (on Center Street). The contest revolves around cooking with Michigan ingredients – finalists present their recipes and dishes to culinary experts to compete for a $250 Hiller’s Gift card and a chance to have their product sold at Hiller’s locations to benefit charity.
- Northville’s Annual Sidewalk Sales and First Friday Art Walk
Visitors at this year’s festival will be able to navigate easily over the three days thanks to the interactive mobile site created by MouseTrap Group, LLC exclusively for the Buy Michigan Now Festival. Guests accessing the site from mobile devices will find a virtual walking map of attractions and vendors, information on downtown Northville shopping and dining establishments, and an up-to-date schedule of events throughout the weekend. Guests can also receive text reminders about when their favorite band or event is happening at the festival and connect directly to the Buy Michigan Now Facebook and Twitter pages.
“The Buy Michigan Now campaign is dedicated to heightening awareness and revitalizing our state’s economy one product, one purchase, and one person at a time. I am delighted to be returning to Northville once again to celebrate Buy Michigan Week. It is a charming town, filled with locally-owned businesses, and has great proximity to the Detroit area, Ann Arbor, and even Lansing. That makes it an ideal place to showcase businesses, products, art and entertainment from around the state,” said Lisa Diggs.
The FREE weekend celebration focuses attention on Michigan-based businesses and locally-produced merchandise to help stimulate the economy. More than 100 vendors and merchants are scheduled to participate and the list continues to grow daily. The family-friendly Buy Michigan Now Festival is once again made possible through the sponsorship support of Michigan businesses and other organizations. In addition to teaming up again with downtown Northville to host the upbeat celebration of Michigan, other major sponsors of this year’s festival include: Coffee Beanery, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Hiller’s Markets and Tom Holzer Ford.
Main and Center streets in central Northville will be closed to allow for pedestrian traffic. Local Northville merchants will host a sidewalk sale, while Michigan vendors set up shop under tents in the streets. The event also features live entertainment in Town Square and a kids’ zone dedicated to family fun.
The Buy Michigan Now Festival is scheduled to run from:
- 10 a.m.-9 p.m. ~Friday, August 5
- 10 a.m.-9 p.m. ~ Saturday, August 6
- Noon until 5 p.m. ~ Sunday, August 7
The full schedule of events for the 3rd Annual Buy Michigan Now Festival can be found at www.buymichigannowfest.com. Vendor or sponsorship opportunities are still available for the 3rd Annual Buy Michigan Now Festival. Interested businesses should contact Buy Michigan Now at 248-390-0974 or info@BuyMichiganNow.com.
Source: Buy Michigan Now