Key Accomplishments Since 2008:
• As a result of conservative spending and overall cost cutting, As a result of conservative spending and overall cost cutting, helped overcome the economic challenges during the past eight years with a fund balance exceeding general finance guidelines.
• In order to maintain water quality, developed the first 20-year Water System and Sanitary System Master Plans.
•During a time of inadequate road funding solutions in Lansing, received more funding for road projects than any other time period (portions of Walnut Lake, Lochaven, Cooley Lake, Green Lake, Pontiac Trail, Fourteen Mile, Haggerty Road, Long Lake Road, Civic Center Drive, Maple Road (2016 -17), Orchard Lake Boulevard (2016-17).
• Along with Treasurer Weingarden, as financial watchdogs and fiduciaries, discovered and uncovered financial irregularities.
• In order to reduce legacy costs, applied to the State Treasury for benefit bonds resulting in a net gain of approximately $750,000 annually.
• Spurred economic development in the business corridors, and developed a new town center ordinance.
• In response to State deregulation, initiated the development of ordinances to maintain property values and quality of life.
• Maintained public safety staffing at levels to ensure rapid response times Michele and Steve with township department head personnel in front of new Hampton Inn Hotel at the community gateway at Orchard Lake Road and Northwestern Hwy.
Click here to be introduced to the Charter Township of West Bloomfield