The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), Remediation and Redevelopment Division (RRD) is seeking applicants to fill four vacancies to serve on the Response Activity Review Panel.
The Response Activity Review Panel advises the MDEQ’s Director on technical or scientific disputes, including disputes regarding assessment of risk, response activity plans, no further action reports, certificates of completion, and documentations of due care compliance under Part 201. In addition, persons who submit initial assessment reports, final assessment reports, closure reports, and documentations of due care compliance under Part 213 may also dispute a scientific or technical decision made by the RRD to the Response Activity Review Panel.
Interested applicants must demonstrate that they meet one or more of the following qualifications:
1. Hold a current professional engineer’s or professional geologist’s license or registration from a state, tribe, United States territory, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and have the equivalent of six years of full-time relevant experience.
2. Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a discipline of engineering or science and the equivalent of ten years of full-time relevant experience.
3. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a discipline of engineering or science and the equivalent of eight years of full-time relevant experience.
In addition, any chosen panel member must also remain current in his or her field through participation in continuing education or other activities.
An individual is not eligible to be a member of the panel if any one of the following is true:
1. The individual is a current employee of any office, department, or agency of this state.
2. The individual is a party to one or more contracts with the department and the compensation paid under those contracts represented more than 5% of the individual’s annual gross revenue in any of the preceding three years.
3. The individual is employed by an entity that is a party to one or more contracts with the department and the compensation paid to the individual’s employer under these contracts represented more than 5% of the employer’s annual gross revenue in any of the preceding three years.
4. The individual was employed by the department within the preceding three years.
An individual appointed to the Response Activity Review Panel will serve for a term of three years, beginning on June 7, 2018.
Please submit materials that demonstrate the necessary qualifications to Kevin Schrems at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 25, 2018. For questions, you may also contact Mr. Schrems at 517-284-5149.