Technology and the pandemic create the unprecedented opportunity for the entire world to come together and weigh in on the most significant topics of our time.
This year, with its virtual format through YouTube, attendees of the 17th Annual Images & Perceptions Diversity Conference will have a chance to hear and engage with chosen panelists, prestigious speakers, and each other on October 14, 2020 from 9:00 am-3:30 pm.
For 16 years, 3D Consulting & Communications’ Annual Images & Perceptions Diversity Conference has cleared the path for what is now the most important discussions of our time by bringing together some of the most notable persons in Michigan and beyond sharing stories and discussion that evoke more emotion and inspiration for change than any other format in or around the state.
In keeping with tradition and given the dire and extreme conditions in our country regarding the issue of equity, inclusion and diversity, the Images and Perceptions Diversity Conference has never been as necessary and vital as it is today, states Wayne County Dispute Resolution Center President and Founder and Producer of the conference, Siham Awada Jaafar. “We have certainly taken it upon ourselves as a conference that is focused on inclusion, the conversation on diversity and on compliance to engage various ethnicities, the LGBTQ and disabilities communities as well as engage educational institutions, the judicial community and law enforcement, among other entities to once again produce one of the most effective and balanced conferences possible. Addressing issues of social justice, civil liberties and equity among minorities and underserved communities has been the trademark of the conference throughout its 17 year history.”
Among her many duties and positions, Jaafar was sworn in as a Judicial Tenure Commissioner for the State of Michigan in January of this year.
As in previous years, Educators, Nurses, Social Workers, Therapists, Licensed Counselors have the opportunity to receive CEU’s & SCECH”s for their participation. The conference is MCOLES Registered. All fees and registration information can be found here.
Hollywood Producer/Director, Tom Shadyac headlines a star-studded panel!
Among the current list of speakers and panelist:
- Rohina Malik: Broadway star of Unveiled
- Barbara McQuade: Former US Attorney, U of M Law Professor, Political Analyst
- Denise Ilitch: President of Ilitch Enterprises LLC
- Fadwa Hammoud: State of Michigan Solicitor General
- Zenell Brown: 3rd Circuit Court Administrator
- Rana Elmir: Deputy Director, ACLU
- Judge Charlene Elder: Family Division Wayne County 3rd Circuit Court
- Justice Megan Cavanaugh: Michigan Supreme Court Justice
- Dr. Kimberly Wisdom: Diversity & Inclusion Director, HFHS
- Dr. Phillip Levy: Assistant Vice President WSU OVPR
- Dearborn Mayor Jack O’Reilly
- Bridget Hurd: Chief Diversity Officer & Senior Director, at BCBSM
- Special Message from Governor Gretchen Whitmer (Confirmation in progress)
- Maxine Hankins Cain: Depiction of the life & Times of Harriett Taubman
- Rev. Dr. Wendell Anthony: President of the NAACP
- Sheriff Benny Napoleon: Wayne County Sheriff
- Diane Wolfenden: VP, Priority Health
- Chief Mike Jaafar: Wayne County Sheriff’s Department Chief of Operations
- Judge Judy Levy: US District Judge for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Reginald Turner: President of the American Bar Association
- Judge Patricia Fresard: Wayne County Circuit Court
- Alan Gershal: Former Attorney Grievance Administrator
- Mike Goetz: Attorney Grievance Administrator
- Lynn Helland: Judicial Tenure Commissioner Executive Director
- Dr. Glenn Maleyko: Superintendent of Dearborn Public Schools
Additional Panelists and keynote to be Announced
For any updates on our list of speakers and panelists, visit: