School’s Mission Statement
Beverly School is proud to have been one of Michigan’s first Green Schools in 2007. Since that time, with the help of students, staff and parents, we have continued and expanded our green efforts, achieving the highest level of green school status each year.
We believe in teaching our students that it is good to be green — protecting our earth through reducing, reusing and recycling. The PTA Earthwise committee organizes green activities for the school. Parents and staff work together to raise awareness and educate students, families and staff.
Some examples of Beverly’s green efforts include:
• Lunchroom recycling;
• Recycled art projects;
• Collecting paper, plastic bags, batteries, cell phones and electronics for recycling;
• Implementing a paper wise initiative for all classroom parties — using biodegradable cups and plates and recycled napkins;
• Maintaining a Rain Garden, including making our own compost;
• Celebrating Earth Day with a school-wide assembly, art project and book swap;
• Implementing Waste Free Fridays;
• Organizing a Halloween costume swap;
We’ll continue our efforts to make our planet greener!