Founded in 1885 as the Builders Exchange of Detroit and Michigan, the Construction Association of Michigan (CAM) is the oldest and largest construction association in North America. Based in Bloomfield Hills, CAM is a not-for-profit organization supported by annual dues and service fees. CAM is governed by a 12-member Board of Directors, which is elected annually by over 3,000 member companies. CAM’s membership is comprised of general contractors; specialty/sub-contractors; equipment and material suppliers; and service firms (architects, engineers, attorneys, financial management, etc.).
In January 2008, CAM acquired the Tri-City Builders Exchange (TCBX), now named CAM Tri-Cities. Based in Saginaw and serving the Saginaw, Bay City and Midland areas, CAM Tri-Cities has had a proud history of providing quality member service for the Mid- and Northern Michigan construction community since 1955. The immediate advantages to both organizations’ members include increased Construction News reporting and coverage, greater statewide exposure, and reciprocity for plan room usage. With CAM’s acquisition of CAM Tri-Cities, it officially became a division of the Construction Association of Michigan, and its members will receive the same member benefits available to all current existing CAM members.