In April, the NDA and DECC will be meeting with UK SLCs including Sellafield Ltd, Magnox Ltd, Dounreay Site Restoration Ltd, Low Level Waste Repository Ltd and Research Sites Restoration Ltd to highlight the massive commercial opportunities in decommissioning.
With £1.3 billion of the NDA’s annual £3 billion budget entering the supply chain at various levels below the SLCs, decommissioning service providers of every tier hope to grab a slice of the action at this year’s Nuclear Decommissioning Conference, April 17-18, Manchester.
They’ll be in good company, too, with key firms attending including, EDF, GDF Suez, Electrabel, EnergySolutions, Babcock International, CH2M Hill, URS, Amec, Costain and many more.
Hosted by the high-level industry specialist Nuclear Energy Insider, the conference offers the best chance in 2012 for service providers to meet and network with all five SLCs that are actively seeking new, innovative and practical solutions to aid their projects.
A ballooning level of interest in nuclear decommissioning has resulted in an exponential growth in the conference this year. With greater participation from right across the international decommissioning industry than ever before, the industry will:
- Hear from all five UK SLCs to better prepare for tendering and contractual opportunities and secure future business
- Benefit from exclusive European and international case studies to implement sound procurement strategies
- Gain clear guidance on the latest regulatory, liability and policy matters to ensure rigorous project management that avoids costly delays and ensures compliance
- Understand skilled labour issues and organisational factors within decommissioning in order to overcome workforce and logistical challenges
- Explore the latest technological innovations enabling the nuclear industry to execute highly technical decommissioning projects
The 3rd Annual Nuclear Decommissioning Conference will be bringing together 150 senior level decommissioning experts for two days of business critical intelligence, unrivalled networking and stimulating discussion – can you afford to miss out?
Source: NuclearEnergy Insider