Organizers of the Green Living Festival in downtown Rochester are making every effort to bring back the large crowds that attended the event prior to last year’s rainy and cold festival weekend.
This year’s festival is being moved from mid May to the first weekend of summer, June 22nd thru 24th, and will offer many other improvements, including:
- a more convenient, open and attractive event layout
- longer festival hours on Friday evening
- coordination with NPO programs including the US Green Building Council’s “My Green School Art Contest”
- interactive web and smartphone maps for exhibit location and information
- national musical acts including Kyle Vincent, former lead singer of the Bay City Rollers
- expanded wellness programs, managed by Dr. Kerrie Saunders, Novi resident, diet & disease prevention expert and best-selling author
- national experts including Dr. Michael Greger, well-known preventive nutrition physician, best known for his expert testimony in the infamous Oprah Winfrey “meat defamation” trial
“We’re building on the success of the exhibits and kids activities areas, which are always a big hit. Last year, the Party for the Planet local beer & music concert was a great addition,” said John Batdorf, festival manager. “This year, we are most excited about Dr. Saunders taking the wellness programming to the next level, and about improvements to the event layout that will make it more accessible and feel more open.”
Along with improvements made by the organizers, the Green Living Festival will benefit from greater local exposure to the 40,000+ daily traffic detoured along the festival site during Rochester’s “Main Street Makeover”.
The Green Living Festival has become one of the largest green/wellness events on the planet. For details and updates, visit www.miglf.com. MI Green Team promotes green living, business & community through Michigan’s premier green/wellness network, website and events. Visit www.migreenteam.com for information.
Source: The Green Living Festival