The Environmental Management Association (EMA) (emaweb.org) is pleased to announce that the nomination forms for its annual Environmental Achievement Award is now available on its website.
Nominations must be submitted to the EMA by (February 1,2013). No membership is required to be considered as the Environmental Achievement Award is a purely objective exercise to recognize important accomplishments by business and industry. (Forms and contacts can be found at http://emaweb.org/images/pdf/emaacheivementblanknomination.pdf)
Criteria for consideration by an esteemed panel of industry experts includes:
- Commitment to the environment, resulting improved quality of life in the Great Lakes Region;
- Use of resources from the environmental industry to provide innovative solutions to potential environmental challenges;
- Leadership with environmental issues affecting the nominee’s situation;
- Sustained involvement in public policy issues that affect future quality of life, including social, economic and environmental factors;
- Use of nominee’s position, business, resources and personal leadership to contribute to the community in which they are located (i.e. increased environmental awareness, community improvements, recycling efforts, jobs and opportunities that improve environmental management)
The most recent award winner was Hydrodec North America LLC. Located in Canton, Ohio, Hydrodec is the only company in the world that recycles used napthenic mineral oil into high quality oil that is used by transformer manufacturers to fill new equipment.
About the Environmental Management Association (EMA): The EMA is a nonprofit association that was established to maintain an active and open information exchange between government and industry professionals involved with the environment. The EMA supports the application of integrity, common sense, sound science and fiscal responsibility in all matters affecting the environment. You can learn more at www.emaweb.org.
ROBERT E. MATTLER, Associate Broker, Attorney and LEED AP BD+C, is Director of GREEN Brokerage at Armada Real Estate Services in West Bloomfield, Michigan. Bob speaks, writes and advocates about emerging sustainable real estate issues in Michigan and elsewhere. Bob is a Senior Correspondent for www.greeningdetroit.com . For more information, contact Bob at Armada Real Estate (248) 855-1221; or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org