SPRING INTO HEALTH
Saturday, March 8 at the Royal Oak Holistic Health and Wellness Expo!
The Royal Oak Community Coalition, in partnership with Royal Oak Schools, is pleased to offer more than fifty health practioners/providers, fourteen classes and 3 exercise demonstrations throughout the day from 10 am – 3 pm at the Royal Oak Holistic Health and Wellness Expo on March 8th! Location: Royal Oak High School, 1500 Lexington Blvd.; centrally located in Royal Oak just North of 13 Mile Road, East of Crooks.
Why Here? Why Now?
Pain medication, both over the counter and prescription medicines, are valuable tools to reduce pain. Yet these same helpful medicines are frequently abused, either intentionally or by accident. This Health and Wellness Expo will showcase alternative, natural treatments to prevent the need for medications and help individuals manage pain.
Learn from experts in the Wellness Field
Visitors will be able to choose from fourteen 20 minute classes which will run on the half hour throughout the day beginning at 10:30 am. Invited topics and speakers include:
• Releasing pain & addiction with Hypnotherapy, LifeActionNow
• Staying Happy, Not Sad through the Winter, Living Better Michigan/Herbal Mama Organics
• Killing Viruses Naturally, doTERRA Essential Oils
• The Sugar Blues, Changing Your Life Through Food
• Methodology for Easy Peaceful Living, Ruth Wilson Life Coach
• Experience Energy Electro/Bio-magnetism, Tessara Tea
• Integrating Needless Acupuncture with Essential Oils, Needless Acupuncture
• Acupuncture & Health, Acupuncture Health Alliance
• Feel the Energy, Healing Energy
• Cranio Sacral Therapy for your Health, Living Balance Center
• Unraveling the Paleo Diet: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, Claddagh Chiropractic
• Controlling Pain Through Laser Therapy, Royal Oak Chiropractic Clinic
• Reflexology, Center for the Healing Arts
• Thyroid Disease: Have you been missed or misdiagnosed? ABC Wellness
• Bio-Identical Hormones/, Waller Wellness Center
• Observing and Correcting Postural Problems, Dynamic Life Chiropractic
• Introduction to Shamanism, Radiant Dawn, LLC
• And more…
Try a sampling of new fitness and exercise routines
Fitness leaders will demonstrate in the gym, and visitors will be given a short trial period to watch and then try out the exercises. Scheduled presenters include:
• Slow Flow Yoga Class, Yoga Shelter
• Qigong Meditation Class, Seek Within You
• Tai Chi, Taoist Of USA
A suggested donation of $2 at the door will benefit Royal Oak School District Health Classes and The Royal Oak Community Coalition Health and Wellness initiatives. A number of sponsors have contributed to ensure the success of the event including: The International Association of Holistic Providers, Dynamic Life Chiropractic and Live Well Chiropractic with support from Life Action Now, Seek Within You, Holistic Wellbeing and Recovery Studio.
Continuing Education Credit
Visitors looking to earn credit will be able to sign up at the door early in the day to receive the list of approved classes for MCBAP Substance Use Specific Hours (pending approval).
Royal Oak Holistic Health and Wellness Expo Participants
We are happy to have many local practitioners showcase their products and skills to the Royal Oak Community while promoting Health and Wellness. A-1 Organic Lawns, ABC Wellness, Access Consciousness Michigan, Acupuncture Health Alliance, Advanced Health Chiropractic, Alice Huang’s Chinese Natural Therapies, Arbonne, Art Therapy, Beaumont Health System, Boresha, CaCao Tree, Center for the Healing Arts and Massage, Change Your Life With Food, Claddaugh Chiropractic, Clean Cooking for Kids, Dance Meditation Technique, DoTerra Essential Oils, Dynamic Illuminations, Dynamic Life Chiropractic, Good Herbs/Better Health Through Nutrition, Guidance Prevention Services, Healing Energy , Holistic Wellbeing, Irene’s Myomassology Institute, Live Well Chiropractic, Living Balance Center Living Better Michigan/Herbal Mama Organics, Meadowbrook Urgent Care, Michigan Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors, Optimal Wellness Family Chiropractic, Radiant Dawn, Right at Home In-Home Care, Royal Oak Chiropractic Clinic, Royal Oak High School Medical Skills Class, Ruth Wilson Life Coach, Self Acceptance Healing, Sensology Institute, Sweet Sweat, Taoist Tai Chi of USA, Tessara Tea/Nutrition for Life, The Recovery Studio, Walgreens, Waller Wellness Center, Yoga Shelter, Youngevity Health Products.
About The Royal Oak Community Coalition
The ROCC is a grass roots 501(c)(3) organization that seeks to reduce substance abuse by strengthening and sustaining a safe and healthy environment for those who live, work and visit Royal Oak. The ROCC has a 30 year history of successful growth and development by collaborating with community agencies, organizations, businesses and dedicated concerned teens and adults to provide information and education to the community; sponsor and support safe activities for youth and families; network with other community prevention coalitions, as well as, national, state, and local organizations to achieve common goals; and advocate for policies and practices that promote positive life style choices. New volunteers are always welcome! Call The Royal Oak Community Coalition at 248-546-7622 for more information.