DETROIT CITY COUNCIL MEETING/DETROIT GREEN TASK FORCE
Thursday, April 24, 2014 @ 3:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
2727 Second Ave, Detroit, MI 48201
Attendees: Councilman Scott Benson, Kathleen Klein, Tom Ouvry, Maryanne Weber, Melissa Damaschke, Phil Hadley, Dan Schechter, Khalil Mogassabi, Ben Duweke, Patrick Smithbauer, Todd Scott, Jeff Fontes, Andrew Bahrou, Kimberly Hill Knott, Patrick Donovan, Erma Leaphart, Margaret Weber, Eric Candela, Peter Benz, Q Johnson, Charles McClean, Andrew Sokoly.
Minutes recorded by Sr. Correspondent/Robert Mattler (www.GreeningDetroit.com)
Meeting not captured on audio-tape or film.
Meeting lead by: Councilman Scott Benson
- Water Subcommitee Report – Khalil Mogassabi:
- Forming Stormwater Management Policy for the City;
- Last Dec. presented Detroit Water Agenda to City Council which was well received; awaiting resolution of support or questions from Council;
- Draft Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) outlining goals to promote green infrastructure through best management practices (bmp), stormwater management procedures and green infrastructure program is being circulated among various city departments (ie. Detroit Water & Sewerage Department (DWSD); Building & Engineering (B&E); Planning & Development Department (P&DD); Legal among others. First time in long time overall strategy being formed among various departments who are talking to one another.
- Low hanging fruit appears to be in zoning ordinance, making changes to mirror green infrastructure goals using bmps, etc.
- Several Green Infrastructure Projects Already Underway in City