Dear Friends —
When I brought Jeremy Hays back as Green For All’s executive director last Fall, we laid out some ambitious goals for 2015:
- Prepare to defend President Obama’s climate plans from the big polluters’ predictable lies and distortions.
- Begin to rebuild a job-generating “green growth alliance” – linking together solar executives, Congressional leaders of color and the White House.
- Recruit a world-class leader to pilot the organization into the future.
I’m blown away by how far we have come already, thanks to Jeremy’s indefatigable leadership:
- Working with Congress, clean tech executives, and the White House, Green For All helped opened the door to solar jobs and savings for our communities.
- Our Green The Church initiative is bringing the muscle and moral authority of the Black Church to the climate movement.
Our work has never been more urgent. That’s why I am THRILLED to announce that Jeremy has successfully completed the last of our three big goals: Vien Truong will take over leadership at Green For All in August.
Vien is exactly the kind of world-class leader we were hoping to recruit.
- Vien has led award-winning work to uplift low-income communities and people of color.
- She helped win California’s groundbreaking “carbon pricing” policy, which directs hundreds of millions of dollars to disadvantaged communities.
- Vien was also a founding staff member of Green For All. She led our early state policy work. We’re blessed beyond measure to have her with us again.
I’m incredibly grateful to Jeremy for steering Green For All through truly choppy waters to this promising place. He is one of the most dedicated, resourceful and talented leaders that I have ever worked with.
That’s why I am so happy to announce that he will be staying on with us as our Senior Strategist. We will continue to need his energy, ideas and experience to succeed in the coming years.
And I’m especially thankful to you for standing by our side during the past few years. The polluters will be on the warpath this summer when President Obama’s climate plan comes out.
We’re going to fight back with everything we’ve got. And with Vien Truong at the helm, you can expect some inspiring victories.
I hope you will be jumping into action with us. Thanks for your love and support so far! More good news to come. 🙂