Detroit Home Mortgage
Mayor Duggan along with Governor Snyder, and local bank representatives announced the Detroit Home Mortgage program on Thursday at a home on Detroit’s westside. The Detroit Home Mortgage program allows banks to lend qualified homebuyers the full amount needed to purchase a renovated home, or to buy and rehabilitate homes anywhere in the city. Previously, federal lending guidelines did not clearly allow banks to loan borrowers enough money to cover necessary repairs because the loan amount was limited to the low, appraised value of a house.This mortgage program was designed to help solve Detroit’s appraisal gap problem.
Upcoming road closures
The Detroit Department of Public Works today announced the following street closings:
- Westbound lanes on Michigan Ave from Griswold to Shelby will be closed completely from Nov. 10, 2015 through Sep. 2016 for building renovation. However, one lane in each direction for both eastbound and westbound traffic will be open at all times, using the eastbound lanes.
- State St (south side) from Griswold to Shelby will have a partial lane closure of eastbound lane and sidewalk from Nov. 13, 2015 through May 1, 2016 for building renovation.
- Shelby from State St and alley south of State will have a partial closure of the northbound lane from Nov. 13, 2015 through May 1, 2016 for building renovation.
- Rosa Parks from Porter to Howard and Howard from Rosa Parks to Alley south of 10th St will have the eastbound parking lane closed from Jan. 18, 2016 through Feb. 19, 2016.
- Jefferson, Larned, E Grand River, Times Square, St. Anne, and Lafayette will have intermittent traffic detours to perform fiber cable work from Jan. 15, 2016 through June 15, 2016.
- Congress from Woodward to Bates will have northern partial lane and sidewalk closed for building renovation from Feb. 8 through Sep. 30, 2016.
- Woodward from Gratiot to Michigan will be closed for crossover reconstruction from Feb. 16, 2016 through May 21, 2016.
- Mt. Elliott from Evaline to Mound will be closed for bridge reconstruction from Jan. 19, 2016 through Aug. 31, 2016.
- East Jefferson from Beaufeit to Bellevue will be partially closed from Nov. 06, 2015 through May 1st, 2016 for reconstruction of overpass/bridge. One (1) westbound lane and two (2) eastbound lanes will be open at all times.
- Second Ave. from Bethune Ave. to York will have the parking lane closures to perform fiber work Dec. 21, 2015 – Mar. 11, 2016.
What’s coming up?
District 6 Community Meeting
Join Council Member Raquel Castaneda-Lopez for the first community meeting of the year on Wednesday, February 24, at Carter Metropolitan CME Church at 6 p.m. Come out to get information and to pick up your District 6 stickers and buttons. For more information, visit the Calendar and Events page.
District 1 Health Fair
Join the Detroit Health Department, Mayor’s Office Department of Neighborhoods, Detroit Recreation Department, Detroit Medical Center, Councilman James Tate and other community partners as we have a conversation about the state of health in District 1. For more information, visit the Calendar and Events page.
To read the Detroit Dashboard in its entirety, visit the Detroit Dashboard.