City’s first major vegan event returns with more entertainment, exhibits, education, engagement and edibles. The second annual V313: Detroit’s Premier Vegan Celebration will be held Thursday, March 7, 3-9 pm, inside Eastern Market’s Shed 5. The event will offer an entertaining, informative and authentic Detroit vegan experience, drawing a large and diverse audience to the historic market building from among the rapidly growing number of metro Detroiters interested in a plant-based, healthier lifestyle.
Featuring tasty vegan EDIBLES (no animal products), plant-based shopping EXHIBITS, live ENTERTAINMENT, expert EDUCATION, community ENGAGEMENT, and much more, V313 also showcases a variety of vegan products and services and offers an educational program on vegan living. Highlights include:
- Detroit’s leading veg-friendly restaurants and food trucks, including The Nosh Pit Detroit, Plum Market and many more;
- live music by Sean Blackman and friends;
- 50+ vegan-friendly exhibitors, many offering show specials, free samples, giveaways and door prizes;
- Presentations by leading local and national speakers, including Milton Mills, M.D. of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine;
- Engagement with leading animal-rights and pant-based living organizations including VegMI and Plant Based Nutrition Support Group;
- Fun and informative cooking demonstrations with “Cooking With Que” and others;
- Emcee Cam F. Awesome, national champion heavyweight boxer, offering his plant-strong comedy and inspiration;
- Free massage courtesy of Irene’s Myomassology Institute.
“We were overwhelmed by the turn-out and community support last year despite the blustery cold weather, and humbled by the media attention and national recognition, including a mention in PETA’s listing of Detroit as one of the Top 10 Vegan-Friendly Cities.” says John Batdorf, event manager. “We are really excited to offer the second annual event to the city of Detroit, and help maintain momentum within the growing vegan community, which is among the most dynamic in the country,”
$15 advance tickets are available at www.V313.info and include free on-site secure parking, $5 in concessions vouchers and entry in the drawing for valuable door prizes. Get event details, news and updates on Facebook/MI Green Team and the event website.
MI Green Team L3C is the producer of Michigan’s largest green and healthy living events. Upcoming event details can be found at migreenteam.com/events. Contact MGT at firstname.lastname@example.org for participation info.