Join Automation Alley, Michigan’s largest technology business association, and a group of international business experts for a presentation on the opportunities and challenges of doing business globally. The event, “Exporting Demystified: Tips for Growing Your Business Globally,” will be held Oct. 22, from 8-11:30 a.m., at St. Clair County Community College in Port Huron.
“At Automation Alley, we are committed to helping companies in our region expand their business globally,” said Noel Nevshehir, Automation Alley’s director of International Business. “If your company is interested in increasing its sales, profits and global competitiveness, we invite you to join us to learn the ins and outs of exporting.”
This event is intended for small- and medium-sized business owners. Attendees will hear why developing a meaningful export strategy is key to their future success, and how companies can best position themselves to take advantage of business opportunities overseas while sidestepping some of the common hurdles faced by first-time exporters.
• Dan Casey, CEO, Economic Development Alliance, St. Clair County
• Noel Nevshehir, Director of International Business, Automation Alley
• Jochen Haehner, Principal, Firm-wide Germany Services Desk Leader, Baker Tilly
• Sam Hoff, President, LEID Products, LLC
• Yannick Greiner, Director of International Sales, Rugged Liner Inc.
• Eve Lerman, Senior International Trade Specialist, US Department of Commerce, US Commercial Service, Global Automotive Team
• W. Steven Olinek, Executive Director, Greater Detroit Foreign-Trade Zone, Inc.
• David Newhouse, International Trade Development Manager, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
The cost to attend is $20 for Economic Development Alliance members and $30 for non-members. For more information or to register click here.
This event is being held at St. Clair County Community College in the MTEC Building, 735 Erie Street, Room 150 Port Huron, Mich.
Source: Automation Alley